Harry Potter Fun in Downtown Naperville!
Back By Popular Demand! Saturday, July 29!
Join us in beautiful Downtown Naperville to celebrate all things Harry Potter on Saturday, July 29. Downtown Naperville is known for many things including our great Harry Potter celebrations – with or without a new book release! Well, we’re doing it again – just for you with the Return of the Party That Shall Not Be Named!
Saturday, July 29 from 3-7PM with a special Movie in the Central Park starting at 8PM. There will be many fun and exciting offerings (costume contests, wand making, Quidditch games, Butterbeer, sorting hats), FREE Trolley Rides around downtown and more activities going on some by day, but the majority of events will occur between 3-7pm. In celebration of events around downtown, Jackson Avenue will be closed from Eagle to Webster Streets from 3-7pm. Following the merriment, we will be showing the original Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone movie in Central Park (starting at 8pm).
Click on the Event Schedule (see link above) to help you plan how you’d like to spend this magnificent and magical evening! Also, read on for answers to Frequently Asked Questions!
- Are events free to attend? Yes, they are! Various downtown businesses will be offering fun surprises (some with cost) and are “while supplies last” and so the earlier you arrive the better. The movie in the park is also free to attend. Bench seating is available but for assured seating, we encourage you to bring portable seating or blankets. (Call the Kroehler Family YMCA for more details on the movie viewing). Movie will start at dusk, approximately 8pm.
- How can I get a copy of the schedule of events so I know what’s going on and when? SEE ABOVE. Print your own copy. Or, you’ll be able to pick up a copy at our HP check-in booth on Jackson (while supplies last). The check-in booth will be at Jackson and Webster in front of the Nichols Library (the SOUTH side of their building).
- Where should we park? Parking decks always have the most plentiful spaces. There are also surface parking lots and street spaces. NOTE: Street parking will be removed from Jackson (between Eagle and Main Streets) and the street will be closed for activities. DO NOT park on Jackson (between Eagle and Main Streets). Surrounding parking lots are also good choices too. Carpool, Uber, ride a bike or here’s an idea, reserve a ride on a Tuk Tuk! (tuktuknaperville.com) Park nearby (up to 1-3 miles away) and they’ll bring you to and from downtown (815) 609-9705. Fun!
- Should we come in costume? YES, if you’d like, although not required. Get into the spirit of it! There will be costume contests on the Main Stage (on Jackson Avenue) by age group. See the Main Stage schedule in the event brochure. Line up at the Main Stage in time for your age group). Prizes will be awarded to winners.
- Is this good for all ages? Remind me of the dates again? Yes, it is good for all ages. NOTE THE TIMES participating businesses are open and visit them all (items will be available for purchase at individual businesses; THANK YOU for supporting our downtown businesses)! Reminder: The event is on Saturday, July 29 with most events starting after 3 pm (Nichols Library has events all day and evening though). Have fun in Muggleville!