Sur la Table
Cooking Class Description: In this class, you will be transported to a French bakery where you will learn how to make traditional petite sweets. Our chefs will teach you how to bake madeleine cakes dipped in chocolate and transform beurre noisette, brown butter, into the delicious French worker’s snack, financiers. For a truly sweet finish, we will head to the south of France to bake and fill profiteroles with lavender infused pastry cream.
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4.
- Hands-on classes are limited to16 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sur La Table recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with your local Cooking School before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.