Sur la Table
Cooking Class Description: Starting with a standard pâte à choux dough, we’ll mix, fold and fill several tasty French pastries in this delectable class. First up, a batch of savory gruyère gougères with thyme. Filled with a firm, tangy cheese, these bite-sized puffs pack a satisfying flavor. Then we’ll move on to the sweet dough when we make cream puffs filled with espresso whipped cream and the classic profiteroles—a special treat for brunch or dessert. Really, any time
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4.
- Hands-on class sizes vary up to 16 enrolled.
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sur La Table recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with your local Cooking School before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.