Sur la Table
Cooking Class Description: If you love the flavor of crispy fried chicken but think you could never make it at home, this class will change your mind. Our instructor will walk you through the steps for preparing batter and skillet frying chicken to perfection. We will also craft flaky, buttery biscuits topped with honey butter and crunchy coleslaw to round off this Southern-inspired meal. By the end of class, you’ll go home with a complete fried chicken dinner for four and instructions on how to cook and reheat.
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work at your own station, with your own equipment.
- Hands-on classes are limited to 8 students
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sur La Table recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with your local Cooking School before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.