Back By Popular Demand! This Saturday, July 30!
Join us in beautiful Downtown Naperville to celebrate the release of J. K. Rowlings latest Harry Potter book (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts 1 & 2) – this Saturday, July 30, the official release day of the book at Midnight! (Book comes out on Midnight on July 30, one minute into Sunday, July 31).
It’s been 9 long years since the last Harry Potter book was released and so you can only imagine what’s happened to Harry and his friends in 9 years!
ALL DAY FUN! There will be many fun and exciting offerings (costume contests, wand making, Quidditch games, Butterbeer, sorting hats), FREE Trolley Rides around downtown and more activities going on through the day and evening – but the majority of events will occur after 6pm. In celebration of events around downtown, Jefferson Street will be closed from Webster to Main Streets from 6pm – Midnight.
Click the VIEW PDF link (below) to plan out how you’d like to spend this magnificent and magical day! Also, read on for answers to Frequently Asked Questions!
- Do we need to buy the book in advance to participate in events? No, events are free to attend (items at these events are available for purchase) and a book purchase is not required. However by pre-ordering the book in advance from either Anderson’s Bookshop (630) 355-2665 or Barnes & Noble in Downtown Naperville (630) 579-0200, you get an early/prime spot in line so that you can get the book Saturday night/Sunday morning (July 30/31) at Midnight. (Pre-ordered book orders will be served first; books will be available for purchase thereafter).
- How can I get a copy of the schedule of events so I know what’s going on and when? CLICK THE VIEW PDF link below and print your own copy. Or, pick up a copy at participating businesses downtown this week, or stop by the check-in booth to pick up a brochure (while supplies last). The check-in booth will be at Main & Jefferson in front of Two Bostons, or shall we say “the Ministry of Meow – gic”.
- Where should we park? Parking decks always have the most plentiful spaces. There are also surface parking lots and street spaces. NOTE: Street parking will be removed from Jefferson (between Webster and Main Streets) and the street will be closed for activities. DO NOT park on Jefferson (between Webster and Main Streets). Surrounding parking lots are also good choices too.
- Should we come in costume? YES, if you’d like although not required. Get into the spirit of it! There will be costume contests on the Main Stage (at Jefferson & Webster) by age group. Click the VIEW PDF link below to see the Main Stage Schedule and line up in time for your age group. Prizes will be awarded to winners.
- Is this good for all ages? Remind me of the dates again? Yes, it is good for all ages. Review the schedule, NOTE THE TIMES participating businesses are open and visit them all (items will be available for purchase at individual businesses)! The event is on Saturday, July 30 with most events starting after 6pm (Nichols Library has events all day and evening though). The book comes out at Midnight on July 30 into July 31. Pre-order your copy of the book by calling Anderson’s (630) 355-2665 or Barnes & Noble Naperville (630) 579-0200 to be earlier in line. If you did not pre-order the book, you may still purchase a copy that night. You will have to wait in line however until all pre-orders are filled. Have fun in Muggleville!