Ages 7 -11
Day 1: Foodie Fun, Exploring and Tasting Fruits and Vegetables
- Ranch Dip
- Fruit Dip
Day 2: Pasta Perfection
- Spaghetti and Meatballs with Homemade Pasta
- Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Day 3: Taco Night
- Chicken and Tomatillo Salsa Tacos
- Queso Fundido
- Watermelon Agua Fresca
- Homemade Corn Tortillas
Day 4: Chicken Dinner
- Cornflake Crusted Chicken Fingers
- Steamed Broccoli
- Customizable Homemade Butter
Day 5: Pizza Party
- BYO Pizza Party with Homemade Pizza Dough
- Ice Cream Sundaes with Homemade Ice Cream and Sauces
What You Will Learn
Cooking Class Description: Designed for ages 7-11, our all-new summer series will help your child become a more creative and confident cook! In this five-day series, your young chef will explore new ingredients and flavors while having fun in the kitchen. As they chop veggies, knead doughs, cook chicken and more, they’ll learn essential cooking techniques, basic food prep skills, how to repurpose food waste and best practices for kitchen safety. Plus, every student will go home with a printed menu and graduation certificate.
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4.
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12-16 students, depending on location.
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sur La Table recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with your local Cooking School before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.