Ages 7 – 11
Day 1: Flavors of Japan
- Sushi Rolls: California Rolls
- Cucumber Rolls
- Veggie Hand Rolls
- Sushi Rice
Day 2: Americana Classics
- Sloppy Joes
- Jo Jo Potatoes
- Fruit Skewers
Day 3: Asian Favorites
- Rice Paper Fresh Rolls
- Stir Fry
- Fried Rice
Day 4: Italian Eats
- Fresh Pasta
- Italian Chop Salad with Mason Jar Dressing
Day 5: Lunch Fun
- Homemade Garden Focaccia
- BYO Sandwiches
What You Will Learn
Cooking Class Description: Designed for ages 7-11, our all-new summer series will help your child become a more creative and confident cook! In this five-day series, your future foodie will explore flavors from around the world while having fun in the kitchen. As they roll sushi, knead pasta dough, fry rice and more, they’ll learn essential cooking techniques, basic food prep skills and best practices for kitchen safety. Plus, every student will go home with a printed menu and graduation certificate.
What To Expect: Great cooking is about more than recipes—it’s about techniques. In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- You will work with other students in groups of 4.
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12-16 students, depending on location.
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sur La Table recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with your local Cooking School before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.