- Cedar Plank Salmon
- Golden Beet Salad with Gorgonzola and Hazelnuts
- Sweet Onion Tartlet
- Decadent Chocolate-Hazelnut Torte
What You Will Learn
Cooking Class Description: Join us for a class that celebrates our home in the PNW! We’ll start with salmon, prepared to perfection on a cedar plank, and learn the secrets of enhancing it with subtle smoky notes and a mouthwatering infusion of flavors. You’ll hone your knife skills as you prepare a Sweet Onion Tartlet for the ideal pairing. Plus, use hazelnuts—a gem native to the region—in a fresh beet salad as well as a chocolaty torte. You’ll embrace the flavors of the PNW as we dive into a menu that showcases the very best of this unique culinary landscape.
What To Expect: In our classes you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by our professional chef instructors.
- You will work with other students in groups of 4, sharing workstations and equipment.
- Classes are 2 to 2 1/2 hours, unless otherwise noted above
- Hands-on classes are limited to 12-16 students, depending on location.
- You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and have long hair tied back
- Students receive a coupon good for 10% off in-store purchases the day of class
Sur La Table recipes are developed using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not be specified in the menu titles, including various fruits and vegetables, nuts, meats, spices, wheat flours, etc. If you have a food allergy, please check with your local Cooking School before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.