Tinker - A Children's Boutique
We are looking for some part-time Sales Associates to join our team!
If you are interested in applying, please contact us via email at email@example.com and we will provide details about next steps.
Our flagship store will be located in Downtown Naperville and will open late-summer 2021.
Job Title: Sales Associate
Job Description: Our Sales Associates are responsible for selling merchandise and assisting
customers in selecting products. Daily duties are centered around providing outstanding
customer service and include greeting customers, offering assistance (as needed), making
recommendations, answering questions, and generally marketing the brands and products
that we carry in the store. Other duties include operating the cash register, packaging
products, stocking shelves and maintaining and preparing displays.
– Greet guests as they enter the store in a friendly and hospitable manner
– Assist customers in selecting products based on communicated preferences, needs and
desires (as needed)
– Learn and remain knowledgeable about the brands and specific products sold in store
along with store sales, promotions and policies
– Create a warm and inviting environment for our guests to shop at their leisure
– Operate a cash register including handling cash, credit card processing and opening and
closing the register
– Handle refunds, returns and exchanges with a focus on timeliness and customer service
– Straighten, arrange and organize merchandise as directed by management
– Locate merchandise for customers (including pulling from backroom stock)
– Participate in designing display windows and in-store displays as needed
– Assist in organizing and carrying out store promotions and events
– Perform general cleaning tasks (as needed)
Job Skills & Qualifications:
– Friendly, outgoing demeanor with a strong commitment to customer service
– Ability to clearly articulate brand and product attributes to customers
– Calm, professional demeanor even when confronted with discourteous customers
– Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climb a ladder, and lift up to 30 lbs
– Prior experience with operating Lightspeed POS systems