Tinker | A Children’s Boutique
We’re looking for a Part-Time Sales Associate to join our growing team!
Must be able to work some weekday evenings along with occasional weekend hours!
About Tinker: Tinker is a boutique retail establishment that carries a carefully curated assortment of heirloom quality children’s products for infants through 8 year olds. Specific products offered include clothing, toys, books and accessories from over 20 brands located across Europe, Australia and the United States. Our mission is to provide our community with a place to come to find those truly unique, “off the beaten path” goods that you cannot find elsewhere.
Job Description: Our Sales Associates are responsible for selling merchandise and assisting customers in selecting products. Daily duties are centered around providing outstanding customer service and include greeting customers, offering assistance (as needed), making recommendations, answering questions, and generally marketing the brands and products that we carry in the store. Other duties include operating the cash register, packaging products, stocking shelves and maintaining and preparing inventory and displays.
- Greet guests as they enter the store in a friendly and hospitable manner
- Assist customers in selecting products based on communicated preferences, needs and desires (as needed)
- Learn and remain knowledgeable about the brands and specific products sold in store along with store sales, promotions and policies
- Create a warm and inviting environment for our guests to shop at their leisure
- Operate a cash register including handling cash, credit card processing and opening and closing the register
- Handle refunds, returns and exchanges with a focus on timeliness and customer service
- Straighten, arrange and organize merchandise as directed by management
- Locate merchandise for customers (including pulling from backroom stock)
- Participate in designing display windows and in-store displays as needed
- Assist in organizing and carrying out store promotions and events
- Perform general cleaning tasks (as needed)
How to Apply: Please email a copy of your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org