Posted Sep 5, 2023
The Front Desk is a critical place at Floyd’s 99 Barbershop. This position supports the flow of the shop and ensures we are providing expert cuts and an amplified experience for all. This position will assist stylists and barbers by managing wait times, assisting with shop upkeep, and providing excellent service and a pleasant environment to clients waiting to be serviced. Strong service skills are required as well as initiative to support team goals.
- Coordinate all client communications – Answer shop phones, make reservations, answer questions regarding our services, quote wait times, and take necessary messages for staff. Call clients to inform them if the shop is running behind on appointment or reservation times. Feel empowered to say yes to accommodate all client demands.
- Identify and effectively communicate with clients as well as coworkers
- Identify opportunities for upselling retail & additional services
- Effectively communicate with the Leadership team about correct service pricing
- Effectively communicate service pricing and price quotes to clients
- Participate in company initiatives and ongoing promotions
- Provide a high level of client service for clients & team members.
- Greet customers in a friendly and welcoming way when they call to make a reservation, place their name on the waiting list, or check-in for an appointment.
- Gather client information, including first and last name, phone number and email address, and type of service desired.
- Accurately quote and manage client expectations of wait times
- Communicate any unexpected changes that may impact the client’s experience and suggest a solution.
- Provide a friendly and safe shop environment for clients waiting for their service.
- Educate clients on the flow of the shop – the steps necessary to get into the chair, upsell/recommend any additional services and products to clients.
- Follow up with the client’s expectations of their experience.
- Accountable for processing transactions correctly in the POS system. Follow all cash handling procedures when counting cash for opening and closing shifts and creating deposits for the banking process.
- Maintain the organization of the front desk. Keep clutter out of sight and front desk items organized.
- Perform cleaning duties throughout shift to ensure company brand standards. Responsibilities include: sweeping the shop floor, and for the stylists and barbers between clients, washing windows, dusting, mopping, cleaning the bathroom and break room, and keeping the client waiting area clean and organized.
- Ensure shop equipment and supplies are stocked and organized.
- Assist with Retail management: Stocking and organizing retail shelves and products.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, follow up and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent phone and in-person skills. Strong communication skills, verbally and written.
- Should be a critical thinker, able to maintain confidentiality, and be accurate, concise, and detail-oriented.
- A High School diploma (or equivalent) and experience in a customer service role are preferred.
- Good hygiene and industry appropriate attire